Austrian Final 2018
On June 12th, 2018, the 11 Finalists of the Austrian Pre-Selections of ClimateLaunchpad 2018 pitched their environmental business ideas on the
stage at TU Vienna.
In a couple of minutes, only they could demonstrate the entire learning process they had been through and enchanted both a delighted crowd and a renowned Jury of experts.
It was an inspiring evening revealing once again a high level of innovation made in Austria!
We would like to congratulate once again our three winners who got fantastic prices to accelerate the journey of their green start-up and cleantech businesses.
Clear the stage for the Winners
1st: Kern Tec
In November, they got the unique chance to compete in the Global Final in
Edinburgh. The teams might not have fought their way up to the very front,
but definitely benefited a lot from being part in this get-together of creative minds, innovative changemakers, entrepreneurs to be and investors on the look-out. Because at the end of the day, ClimateLaunchpad is a community first, and a competition second.
We congratulate and thank all the finalists for their motivation and
commitment and we wish them all the best for the future!
We would like to thank once again our sponsors and partners: UNIQA, Verbund, BOKU, ÖH BOKU, Universität Wien, The Blue Minds Company, Impact Hub, INiTS, PLAYPARK, WTZ OST (Wisens/transfer/ost), AWS,
Here is a little reminder for you to get to know our 11 Austrian Finalists:
- Beeanco: online marketplace for sustainable products
- Commonsun: investment platform for solar energy
- Die fleißige Schneiderin: remodelling and giving old clothes a second life
- Dungbeetle: modern dry toilet systems for interior use
- Future Plant: fully automated robot to plant, take care and harvest
- Kern Tec: further process and use of wasted fruit pits
- Kindby: online rental of ethically produced baby clothing and accessories
- LooPi – the plant urinal: plant based urinal for public spaces
- UrbanGarden – Teaching to Grow: educational mobile urban garden
- Spirufood: fresh, local and affordable spirulina
- Sui Generis: healthy and sustainable fast food